Child follows classroom rules and routines with increasing independence.
Child appropriately handles and takes care of classroom materials.
Child manages actions, words, and behavior with increasing independence.
Follows routines that have been explained to them.
- Follows routines that have been explained to them.
- As the teacher greets Oliver holding up 3 pictorial greeting cards, Oliver chooses the Elbow Bump greeting and greets his teacher accordingly.
- After the teacher points to the picture illustrating the 3 steps to follow for feeding the class pet, Toby begins with the first step.
- Max finishes at the computer, looks at the Turn Taking List with the teacher, and then gets Sarah for her turn on the computer.
- Pedro cleans up when finishing an art activity.
Follows rules with reminders and practice.
- After talking about the need to slow down as she moves around the room, Michelle's therapist watches her practice rolling her wheelchair slowly around the classroom so she doesn't bump into things.
- As Ryker talks to the class, Khloe begins to talk. The teacher reminds Khloe to “Use your listening ears." and Khloe begins to listen again.
- When Oscar notices his friend playing in the block area, he jumps up and starts to leave the art area. When his teacher signs “Clean up," Oscar returns to the art area, puts the materials away, and then goes to the block area to join his friend.
- Owen illustrates what “walking feet inside" looks like for the class as he walks to line up at the door and then walks back to the carpet.
- As Elie walks with the scissors to the table she says to the teacher, “I'm being safe."
Describes rules that are important in different settings or situations.
- Sue says, “I have to use my inside voice in the room."
- Jillian says, “Grandma doesn't make me rest after lunch."
- While the children are lining up to go on the playground, Isabella announces, “No running! We can only run on the playground."
Follows rules appropriate for the situation with limited guidance.
- Nina uses outside play equipment appropriately with little supervision.
- Cami leads the line to the outside door of the building, stops and waits for her teacher.